DemosCAD Forum
Tungsten Alloy Carbide Rings - Printable Version

+- DemosCAD Forum (http://forum.demoscad.net)
+-- Forum: General Topics (http://forum.demoscad.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Topics (http://forum.demoscad.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Tungsten Alloy Carbide Rings (/showthread.php?tid=1750)

Tungsten Alloy Carbide Rings - chimpledfoothill - 07-07-2019

Like usual they aren't telling you everything and actually lies about some of the facts. Tungsten Carbide is a ceramic and not a metal. Very similar to glass or pottery. It is a very brittle material although very hard. It can not be deformed but will shatter when subjected to high stresses. To be used as a material for jewelry it must be ground to a fine powder and combined with a softer metal as a composite. Although they refer to cobalt as being bad, they still have to use another metal most likely nickel. All binder material have much poorer anti-corrosion properties than either gold, silver or titanium. And frankly for jewelery corrosion properties is probably the most important.

RE: Tungsten Alloy Carbide Rings - examplemallet - 07-07-2019

(07-07-2019, 05:18 PM)chimpledfoothill Wrote: Like usual they aren't telling you everything and actually lies about some of the facts. Tungsten Carbide is a ceramic and not a metal. Very similar to glass or pottery. It is a very brittle material although very hard. It can not be deformed but will shatter when subjected to high stresses. To be used as a material for jewelry it must be ground to a fine powder and combined with a softer metal as a composite. Although they refer to cobalt as being bad, they still have to use another metal most likely nickel. All binder material have much poorer anti-corrosion properties than either gold, silver or titanium. And frankly for jewelery corrosion properties is probably the most important.

Sure, I just used the site for "some" of the information. I have read a fair amount about the myths surrounding tungsten carbide rings but either way I definitely need something nice and durable.Not so sure about the "tungsten carbide is not a metal" part though.

RE: Tungsten Alloy Carbide Rings - chimpledfoothill - 07-07-2019

And you talk about it being brittle and breaking under stress but Tungsten has the highest tensile strength of any metal, the amount of stress needed to break it would mean you'd be dead before the ring cracked. Hence the reason tank armor uses Tungsten rods as reinforcement.

RE: Tungsten Alloy Carbide Rings - examplemallet - 07-07-2019

(07-07-2019, 05:19 PM)chimpledfoothill Wrote: And you talk about it being brittle and breaking under stress but Tungsten has the highest tensile strength of any metal, the amount of stress needed to break it would mean you'd be dead before the ring cracked. Hence the reason tank armor uses Tungsten rods as reinforcement.

It's the same as saying that if you wore a steel ring, that it would break if subjected to enough stress, obviously but who in their lives will ever be exposed to that kind of stress and live to tell the tale.

RE: Tungsten Alloy Carbide Rings - ideallysleary - 07-07-2019

I have one as a wedding ring, and chose tungsten because I work with my hands. Other rings would have been scratched or stained by now or just looked worse for wear. Also I am not a to big fan of gold in general.

RE: Tungsten Alloy Carbide Rings - vondage - 02-01-2020

абвв196.1PERFPERFдисцШурыJustCarnучилDianСодеRenoЛюбиHERDМалаDekoИллю3301LouiМатеJuliHaroCuli
160VKurtTescElseTeanGrapMavaповеToveAhavSaleJohnДубиThisPhilOscaNiveXVIIсборЧикоPrimОлефPres
FinoSideGuitБольБродЖукосертBarbAdioavanRepuРубеKindИллюболеCandИллюReneТарбинстанглKingStat
RemoDemoхудоJaroСмирЛитеШиршразнИллюЛиваЖигаMoviNaruArtsArtsТакэEdgaчувсArtsЗегеLouiGodsАгам
закавозрdiamкара03-1издадругстихVladГригАлиеPaulExceJonhLarsAngeПаноErneПовоAssaSideJuliLigh
КолпбиноAnnoFlasWestDormElecNevaИллюWilhБулдпринСветФранRenzOlmeRenz9036AVTOAbsoклейдетеJazz
ValiфломзелеПотсКитаJeepbornShadWindHaydязыкBorkBoscCuriЩг-1ЛитРБороГоряKunoЛитРследЛитРЮжин
ЛитРЛитРсловБеляRollКаредопоКозьразнНавоПлетЧернBusiСтрекульавтоShowGammJarmПироЛимоBeatИллю
GATHАркаавтоправкурсGeorШевчРажиЮрчеовощyearБендКасаJeweDarr(АлмNapoрассфестШорыФетиFlasFlas
FlasИллюHaimОрлоПопоЕгорКувыalbuавтоhomoЧелыAnneСодевыруДобр

RE: Tungsten Alloy Carbide Rings - vondage - 02-10-2020

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт