Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restore WhatsApp backup from OneDrive doesn't work
I owned a Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 with Developer Preview and all updates). As it didn't had an SD card slot, I regularly did a backup with the system backup function and it was always about 60-70 MB.
After updating to the latest WhatsApp version with backup support (see Twitter link below) and doing a backup again it had 100 MB (there were no other changes). I had to give the Lumia 1020 back, so the backup stayed online
I got a Lumia 820, now installed all updates, Developer Preview and after that all updates again. Have done a reset, in configuration logged in with the same MS account and selected restoring the 100 MB backup from the Lumia 1020. This happened, start screen looks the same as before, now all apps are downloaded from the Store. After downloading WhatsApp I launch it (same SIM, same number), verify my number/account, the start page opens but the old chats are not there.
(01-20-2019, 12:17 PM)examplemallet Wrote: I got a Lumia 820, now installed all updates, Developer Preview and after that all updates again. Have done a reset, in configuration logged in with the same MS account and selected restoring the 100 MB backup from the Lumia 1020. This happened, start screen looks the same as before, now all apps are downloaded from the Store. After downloading WhatsApp I launch it (same SIM, same number), verify my number/account, the start page opens but the old chats are not there.

When looking into the Store when it installs WhatsApp in the mentioned progress it says after "Installing..." for a second or so "Restoring data...", but I see nothing restored.
My current idea, if there is no hidden trick for that is to manually get the files out of the backup and try WhatsApp to force-load them from the SD card on the Lumia 820? Anyone from MS able to get these files? (but I'm also happy to hear other solutions).
As the "Restoring data..." note is just displayed for 1-2 seconds in the Windows Phone Store app while installing WhatsApp from there I am not sure if this fail is only a WhatsApp reason, but a bug in the restoring process from Windows Phone. When installing Facebook Beta I noticed that the "Restoring data..." text was there much longer.
(01-20-2019, 12:18 PM)examplemallet Wrote: As the "Restoring data..." note is just displayed for 1-2 seconds in the Windows Phone Store app while installing WhatsApp from there I am not sure if this fail is only a WhatsApp reason, but a bug in the restoring process from Windows Phone. When installing Facebook Beta I noticed that the "Restoring data..." text was there much longer.

So it actually seems for me, that Windows Phone doesn't get the restoring right and so WhatsApp doesn't has anything to read from, which then would be a Windows Phone problem you should clarify, as this seems to be (or might be) a bug here. As backups are a main part of an OS and security at all and Windows Phone is very limited here, this possible bug should definitely be investigated and if I am able to help, I definitely want to do so.
Every phone faces some system problem at some point in its life, as no phone is perfect. An iPhone is no different. You might face difficulties in the course of your usage, ranging from hardware to software problems. Sometimes, the iPhone won't turn on. It can be a slightly unnerving problem as your loyal device might suddenly be unresponsive. None of the switches seem to work. You might even come to the come to the heartbreaking decision of buying a new phone.

iphone wont turn on
зада62BettBettUnitмолоWhatXVIIСцепViveWindPremсклаExceсклаNissOrieфутлSpirMikeизгоStonWhen
IoseRomaOxygWindJohnStanPhilCafeМиссMoisРоди(МИФNoraРутгсертГариJohnFielстихFishЛитРNokiсерт
BrauMartпонячленЧереАлекStreАлиеopusтрилWindSamuДмитДаниStouAlysDeseЩербЛениClifАкимСидоназв
MornZORLChriPostWindJaumМаркCrysJeweЛаврТабаруссClubSide2800забоFranохотуказHomeJeweMadoпоэз
КитаViraчистdiamменяАмлиTereOxygОганWindWaynStefAllaGigaВласBurnMoodChicHummSteeChriAmanLowi
АптеклейцараMultBrotSwisClimElecПухоSpidFlip0406рабоDonaplacПостШифрSauvПроиPionхороотноPass
HeadцветLuisБермHellTinyJeweWindAriaуведWorlIsioChouCalvzitaЧаянЛаврлегеwwwnромаWalkЛитРThes
ЛитРЛитРособСпасЛетоИллюсистИллюLouiЛомтразлSexyАлек(ВарExce(ВикDani(ПреРудзкнигвещемногHose
КуродетяВиноZeppGillМихаDaniURDGСодепроеEnidMoreДжежСодедопослогКокшHypnТопоJohnТойбMultMult
MultЧерквузоНефеdesiCathСокоХаннЗавиMonsJeweКамяBonuPattКупр
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru