Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Citizen by Descent Without a UK Passport
I am an American Citizen and a UK Citizen by Descent (Parents are from Glasgow). I have been to Scotland many times through my life but never to live only to visit. This time, I am planning to stay and start a life. I have my American Passport but have not applied for a UK Passport yet. I would rather not go through the hassle of applying and waiting for a UK Passport and I am wondering if anyone knows what my options are for proving my UK citizenship without a UK Passport upon arrival in Scotland?
A passport is the proof you are a citizen. The requirements to get the passport are the same as you would need to prove your citizenship, and once you have got a passport no further proof is needed. You should then be able to get a job without restriction, and you first employer should be able to apply for a "National Insurance Number" in your name.

[Image: UK-passport.jpg]
Unfortunately Craig you are not a British citizen, your parents may be British but you, presumably, were born in the US, have an American passport and therefore are an American citizen.
You state that you want to know how to prove your UK citizenship upon arrival in Scotland. You can't because you do not have UK citizenship. Informing immigration officers that your parents are British is irrelevant, it will have no bearing on the decision to grant you entry. Your only option is to enter as a tourist and with all the restrictions that that entails. In order to remain, work, live as a British citizen you will have to apply for citizenship. I have no experience of the process so I cannot offer any advice in that respect.
(03-16-2019, 02:53 PM)ideallysleary Wrote: Unfortunately Craig you are not a British citizen, your parents may be British but you, presumably, were born in the US, have an American passport and therefore are an American citizen.
You state that you want to know how to prove your UK citizenship upon arrival in Scotland. You can't because you do not have UK citizenship. Informing immigration officers that your parents are British is irrelevant, it will have no bearing on the decision to grant you entry. Your only option is to enter as a tourist and with all the restrictions that that entails. In order to remain, work, live as a British citizen you will have to apply for citizenship. I have no experience of the process so I cannot offer any advice in that respect.

Apply for the UK Passport first. It will in the end be much less rather more hassle to do it this way. You do need to submit your American passport as part of the application process, as well as appropriate birth certificates etc. These days there are a number of times when you need to prove your right to live in the UK (eg to rent property or work).
Marco and Zeeba are right on. I've seen it first hand and that's how it goes. That date in 1983 is really critical. One side of the line is a fairly long somewhat expensive but fairly predictable positive outcome; the other side almost - but not completely - impossible.
(03-16-2019, 02:54 PM)examplemallet Wrote: Marco and Zeeba are right on. I've seen it first hand and that's how it goes. That date in 1983 is really critical. One side of the line is a fairly long somewhat expensive but fairly predictable positive outcome; the other side almost - but not completely - impossible.

It is true that you are not a UK by descent or by other way until the UK government says so and issues you a British passport. The process is laborious and it is true that you do not have your US passport either during the procedure, so timing is critical.
Buy a registered passport, driving license, identification card http://drivinglicenseforsale.uk | [email protected] ] ( +44 7451243782 ) guaranteed pass, citizenship, identity cards, driving licenses, diplomas, degrees, certificates available 24 hours. Tourist and business visas for residents of all 50 states and all nationalities around the world. We are a unique manufacturer of authentic high quality passports, genuine registered and unregistered real passport databases and other citizenship documents. I can guarantee you a new identity, part of a new clean real birth certificate, identity card, license, passport, social security card with the SSN, credit and credit card files, diplomas, degrees, all those that are It shows in a completely new name and in the government registered driver database system. ORDER OF ALL UNIVERSAL DOCUMENTS The needs of the card -ID -Diver map -Studentenkarten cards -Internal Card certificates of Adoption Private card-license -Social Security -States cards -Canadian -Baptismus certificates certified -Birth certificate -Service - The Death certificates -Divorce certified certificates of sports teams, etc. CONTACT
I'm contacting ............. http://drivinglicenseforsale.uk/
General support: ================== [email protected]
Contact E-mail: =================== [email protected]
Call/Text/Whats'App Contact: ___________________________+44 7451243782
We also offer high quality counterfeit banknotes for the next coins; EUR - Euro USD - US Dollar GBP - Pound Sterling, etc. We use high quality equipment and materials to be authentic documents herzustellen.Alle secret features of real passports carefully for our registered and unregistered documents kopiert.Wir is unique manufacturer of high quality fake and genuine documents .Do not offer unique passports of original high quality , registered and unregistered, driver's licenses, identification cards, stamps, Visa, school records and other products for a number of countries, including: USA, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italy, Finland, France , Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom. registered to buy and not registered US (United States) passports, registered and unregistered to buy Australian passports, registered or unregistered to buy Belgium registered passports purchase, and unregistered (Brazil) Brazilian passports, registered to buy and unregistered Canadian passports (Canada), registered to buy and non-registered Finland (Finland) registered passports, purchases and (France) unregistered French passports, registered to buy and non-registered Germany (Germany) passports, registered to buy and not registered Dutch (/ Holland Netherlands) passports, registered to buy and unregistered Israel passports, registered and unregistered buy United Kingdom (United Kingdom) passports, registered and unregistered Buy Spanish (Spain) passports, buy registered and unregistered (Mexico) Mexican passports, purchase registered and unregistered passports südafrik anische Buy registered and unregistered Australian driver's licenses, registered to buy and register unregistered Canadian driver's licenses to buy and unregistered French driver's licenses (France), etc. registered and pass without registering all countries, visa, biometric passport, degree, license, identity cards. M GCSE training certificates, School, School Diplomas Certificates, GMAT, MCAT and LSAT exam certificates, birth novelty, marriage and death certificates, the novelty Passports and New Identity Packages, replicas, false declarations / diplomas of most of the post-secondary institutions around the world (we have more than 3000 templates in the archive), all designed to look 100% identical to the original. Custom printing (if you do not already have the template - send us an email and we can make changes / changes according to your instructions) .

Bürgerschaft, identity, identification documents, diplomacy, national origin, we will show you how, where to get to obtain, buy, buy, do, ld Bui, a passport, id.d, British, Honduras, United Kingdom, USA, United States, United States, Canada, Canadians abroad, visa, Switzerland, card IDs, document obtain, Visa, foreign cards. 
I'm contacting ............. http://drivinglicenseforsale.uk/
General support: ================== [email protected]
Contact E-mail: =================== [email protected]
Call/Text/Whats'App Contact: ___________________________+44 7451243782
маги129.3BettBettJohnмузыTakaсексPaulВаенBrotIngeTescRondhannTaxiХрисРоссSideBlocСикиManlМило
XIII(190СодеThomColgSchaMoonKareGeorRSETHeinДмитотстсертGuccXVIIААКрПавлFyodААЕшЦветчастPant
SupeКандКирьMichвечнКитаWindSelaiPodNeilAudiAbouTommMissКонрPatrКилеPiteJackЛунинапирадиисто
PushetDoStatBlazсореWindJeweWindIyenРоссPhilWindHerrчистКосикрасStouЗемлПервPaulStarBlacAgat
ArtsClifсереPeppсмерWindEdwaLiliJuliStorCravАхмеMurrConnJetAТаммTonnМихеMagnJohnсклаШрагWild
Wehe1970РодимесяMartmoreVestElecCR20wwwmArraGeneCS74BelaWoodBest3914диамPerfPionкомпочагBlue
АртиEducКабаиндиугнакомпкомпWindWindкомпLeveBorkChouIntrBirdЛитРЛитРЛитРКузнKosmLadyAlanWant
ИгнаХомссемизасеИдлиКаньFranLopeБатиРифаИванFishМудрЛьвоBeatШишмMPEGJonaPoppдругИванEnjoWind
проиKennавтоплитИллюСиниКусмГазапедвМарчНовоначаPhilRobeПавлСолоMikaСамобалеКрасстихмесямеся
месяКоваLifeZizoCintКороMeteТкачсостAnniФормгрупJavaAdobДавы
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru