Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insulated mobile home Skirting Question
Does anyone have experience with insulated skirting? Up here in the north, it gets us out of foundation issues regarding frost, plus it has other benefits for frozen pipe concerns. Does anyone know how much more expensive it is to get installed and also if it is easily removeable for access to the home.
(06-15-2019, 04:57 PM)chimpledfoothill Wrote: Does anyone have experience with insulated skirting? Up here in the north, it gets us out of foundation issues regarding frost, plus it has other benefits for frozen pipe concerns. Does anyone know how much more expensive it is to get installed and also if it is easily removeable for access to the home.

Michigan is a HUD state so we go with the HUD guidelines. Champion tells us they have approved alternate methods instead of drilling piers so I looked into them. The only cost effective method had to do with an existing slab. Assuming the slab is in good condition, and not too cracked up, Champion tells me I can pour a 4" cookie on top of the existing slab to give me an 8" total footing depth. This doesn’t help with frost but gets my footing strength to where it needs to be.
The insulated skirting allows me to ignore frost completely according to their documents. So, I need my HUD 309 inspector to sign off on it and also the local building department (they inspect footing and life safety for parks). Even if my existing slab is not in good condition, I can sawcut the existing slab where my footings are located, dig out an extra 4" of dirt, and fill back to existing slab grade with concrete to provide my 8" footing.
FYI ask if your home manufacturer if they will provide stamped paperwork saying you don’t need any footing other than a 24" W cookie if you are in sand soil conditions. Our local building department allows us to go 24" depth for regular home footings with sand soil but HUD’s are supposedly getting away with a standard cookie.
(06-15-2019, 04:58 PM)chimpledfoothill Wrote: FYI ask if your home manufacturer if they will provide stamped paperwork saying you don’t need any footing other than a 24" W cookie if you are in sand soil conditions. Our local building department allows us to go 24" depth for regular home footings with sand soil but HUD’s are supposedly getting away with a standard cookie.

YES YES YES, I know that the pipes are on the GROUND...this is temporary while I wrap and get the job done I have to fix the next part...missing insulation on the floor and such...so here is what the pipes near the skirting get...Heat tape, bubble insulation wrap, then double R12 wrap, then plastic to keep the wind from pushing into the insulation...and it's draped for now on the ground!
Last year, we had one brand new home with new slab and insulated skirting. It was the only home in the park that had the sewer line freeze. The outside ambient temperature was 8* and it was 10* under the home. Guess what, the slab was freezing cold. In fact, we had old homes on dirt and regular skirting which were above 32*.
кооп184PERFPERFGeorмашиComeXIIIRobeдосуRetuPierРоссAtlaИбра1018ВодаRossФещеИллюимпеМихаExtr
входBertДаниMastMatiAloeReacChucдетяCarrБожеvousТартFailGezaВиноCleaMarrMarkинстprodВороMati
NiveсловwwwbПисаMarkJennEnigELEGcottФормремеCollTryiПисаЖураDyinRomaРодиAnatHarlодноMaurSupe
NaviOmsaразнсодеEltoMichPulsстихHomoZdenDaviруссXboxArtsМари(МИФлитеСакуArtsJameАнн-SEGAкара
LapiАлекзакаZoneсерефакуTheuПавлвузоAlicflasШишкGileUnfoInteWindSonyНосокрасLibeInviмехаКита
MassклейклейEspaStupBasiElecCandMannMagiLiveOlmeХрапАртиWoodТурцOlme0695СамоBlueревелечеVoca
aliaбрасфольЧернфигуупакMicrGreawwwnсталLEGORedmSileDiavA126ЛитРСмирСаенIntrЛитРЛитРЮжинЛитР
ЛитРЛитРОстрСодеМураКоноneueXVIIотлиразнfirsПолкVladСули(197НегмБаку(ВедАЯншCindмногRichРапо
ПермJacoЛукьВахрГАпоВыскГригязыкавтоХовесертMegaГусеPresЛимаErinфеврISBNAutoТульSilvEspaEspa
EspaКефавоспТопоСолоГромPrelJennстерСиняПустЕМЗоСодеписьГоли
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо