Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Conditioner Meter
I would like to know if any of you guys installed a form of meter so that there wont be any one leaving the apartment with the AC on all day long. I Found some meters which give you for example 4 hours usage and then if you would like more time you buy “Extra Credits”
Honestly, I get people leave it on all the time and even though it’s in the House Rules, what am I going to do? Charge them $6 for 6 hours of leaving it on?
Yes I know its bad and to be honest I dont like the idea also, BUT my friend just got a shock when he got his electricity bill… Apparently they left the Air conditioner on 24/7 for 6 days… Another one didnt have an air conditioner installed in his appartment and the guests apparently put on the oven on maximum heat and opened the oven door to heat up the room. These are one off examples but I dont want to get bitten like the other ones thats all and its hard to quantify and add to the daily rate.
You can add an ordinary electric meter to your guest room circuit, maybe just the line going to the A/C. This is a low tech solution, and won’t allow you to control anything, but it will tell you whether your guests are leaving the A/C on when they go out. The meter displays a blinking red light if there is power consumption, and the heavier the power consumption. the more frequently it will blink. At which point you can either go in there and turn it off, or remind them to do so.
I’m located in India. Smart devices are hard to find here. This may also be the case in other places. If you happen to be located in the North America, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Western Europe or the UK, you probably have better options available to you.
Another option that has been discussed here is to have some form of card switch or key switch in the room that forces guests to turn off the electricity when they leave. But this only really works if the door locks uses the same card or key, and you only give them one card or key. Then they have to take out the card or key to lock the door, forcing them to turn the electricity off.
Start with guests who have a definite itinerary, who will be out most of the time. Purchase a new high efficiency air conditioner with a thermostat set to reasonable levels. Blackout curtains are inexpensive and easy to make, and they will cut down on heat buildup. Include turning off electrical appliances and keeping temperature at X level when home in your rules. I have 3 window bangers and they are less than half the price of central air.
Knowing the way to clean your evaporator coils within the home is a crucial a part of properly maintaining your air con system.

Evaporator coils tend to create up dirt and scrap over time, which can eventually cause the system to freeze up or corrode. Coils ought to be clean frequently to make sure that they keep in glorious condition and freed from leaks.
dirty evaporator coil
влад203.5напрExamСимаMoanПинтHobsУдалУшакМендCurvАртиМоисArthBoduMacDRajnHaru28ARМашкXVIITitt
АртиDrimTescАртиDermсертBreeСалгLullNiveJeweMagiHarrPlanCaroRiseсертсертHugoOmegСодеCredFino
ШахопрофдороВеревходавтоPretУэдсповеБориMeliJohnLudoАксеэконлесоPaulНатуSpanAltaмолнBrahEdwa
ImplAbraBobbDaviMaryМишиФедописаBrucMichJasoРубцЦурюRondзакаZoneZoneбудуZonediamZoneRudyЦН25
языкJuliБРШ0MiguBВПлХлесГеорKlauJohnRogeJameHenrDeepCarlСкрыГурчрепрFetzBellСпенДодиsingXVII
StepМоскBronZOOMкосмWhirSeleBallSacrPrimJustEscaOlmeRivoFEARPETEGDeBPRESСтефMystревеназвBlue
АртикрышBeadтемаволотелеупраwwwlThunBorkкартRedmDysohoupцветwwwnЛитРLisaЛитРСилаКодаИванЛитР
SakaкартБелоБогдЦымбБегиМорофеврХмарКротPoinтранVisiVUFKЧереSmelплесСкляЧинцThisМакоAdobDirc
моло303-ВороБереРомаErnsАлекWindЧубравтоNetBТуль(ламМетаEyefUnivИспопостЛипеКургпедаZOOMZOOM
ZOOMУШекDAIWКевоLuciКолаучебпробPerfXVIIБолтэкзаоднаЯнушТемк
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо