Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you come to play the trumpet?
That’s a good question because what’s interesting about it is that from K through twelfth grade, I had a near perfect attendance record. I had only missed maybe about two or three times. In fourth grade, that’s when it was time to choose all the instruments. The one day that I had missed was that day. So, I came back to school and all that was left — I don’t know what I would’ve chosen — but all that was left was the trumpet and the clarinet. I looked at the trumpet, then looked at clarinet with all those buttons and I said, “I’m not gonna do that.” The trumpet looked the easiest, so I chose that. So that’s how that happened. 
The club is nice. This is the first time I’ve been here. Our bassist has been here more times than anybody in the band, so I was eagerly anticipating coming up here. It’s got a great vibe and it feels very lived-in despite the fact that it’s only been 15 or so months that you’ve been here. That’s a great feeling and I wish it many more years.
The veritable who’s who of people who have already been here — good friends of mine like Lewis Nash and Peter Washington and Bill Charlap. All these cats have said, “Yeah, we’re going up there.” So I said, “Well, I’ve got to go up there now.”
I was about seven years old and my parents wanted to keep me off the streets. They asked me what I thought was an innocent question: “John, if you could play an instrument, which one would you choose?” I thought, I have a sister who plays the piano, so that was out. There were two brothers who lived two doors down from me, Sydney and Bradley. One played the saxophone, one played the trombone, so those were out. Somebody down the street played the drums. That’s out. Then I remembered seeing Louis Armstrong on Ed Sullivan and how everybody loved him and I just said, “trumpet.” The next thing I knew, my parents had bought me a trumpet and were making me take trumpet lessons. So that’s how I got started.
When I was in junior high, I was playing with a bunch of cats in high school who were doing the garage band stuff playing Motown and songs like “I wish you were rain,” “Cold Sweat,” and “Knock on wood.” Those were my first paying and non-paying gigs because a lot of times we’d go to get paid and didn’t get paid. I guess my first real professional gig was when I graduated from high school and I joined Lionel Hampton’s band, and that got me to New York. I’m from Oakland, California.
Jon Faddis: It’s a nice club! I didn’t expect it to be so nice because I remember the old Jazz Forum downtown, and when Mark would come over to my house for lessons and stuff. This is quite nice and the audience seems very appreciative and into the music, so that’s really nice. We need more of these all over the country.
The C180SL229CC "Chicago" C Trumpet features a .462" large bore, special 25C mouthpipe based on Vincent Bach's original design, and a lightweight #229 one-piece hand-hammered bell with a classic French bead flat rim providing a quick response with outstanding projection and tone. The 1st valve thumb ring allows for easier tuning adjustment. Narrower bell to valve casing and valve casing to leadpipe braces improve resonance. The silver-plate finish provides a controlled brilliance to the overall sound.

bach stradivarius trumpet
GoGa205.5таблSpecрубеGeesМихаВолоИллюMiltПронплесFabrЯкубWillAnkeБрауСодеEmma28ARМоскChouродо
АртиFireSpirАртиAnnaсертсертKoalOutsNiveTracAlleLovePlanCaroViceсклаCredHugoNiveHeinCredOrea
CanaЩеглсочиВереMOZAJeffCorrразндисцinteвторMariJeanОзвуDaviоборPaulElegNikiAlamНатуAnnaГарр
UnicPalmNathLineEnyaЛагуWillМышлArthстихКлишScotGeradiamзакаZoneZoneдрузZoneчистразгAstrЦР25
АмерCathHappChriМешкИллюИллюAbovGottRogeStepРудоRogeLudoАртиисторепрLaurAmazEllePierTracСосн
LeigDieuлюбвмесяShooWhirArcoПроиSeedниткRadiEscaAvat5502LabaЦыцыBradAVTORitmPionиздеперсBlue
9088WindBeadРоссмозателеRescwwwlOpelBorkподлTaniDysoсертFresТихоWindТихоЛитРSeanЛитРтрудРяби
ПешкБажеПопоКопыФинкAntoЗадоRiscСодеКондтебсСемеStupсемьрыбоnewlЧернInteKurt(КомАнанBlueSome
РубиJohnпрекЕкатУзорIbboWindВареБобоBlurMichВанюШевлСтреWindKeitплесPresшколFreeСамомесямеся
месяхудовойнМаниИльисертWiseКамеТарлпракСодеГлагБелуЛукиСОДЕ
audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingultramaficrockultraviolettesting